My Thyme Gardens is a small, quickly growing, boutique landscape design and installation firm located in Macomb, Michigan. We are a female-owned business established in 2016. We are looking for an assistant landscaper/gardener – someone who is passionate about gardening with the ability to adjust to the ebb and flow a start-up can bring. This person also must have an eye for the future to help build and grow with the company.
The crew member is responsible for practicing healthy thinking and work practices, participating in a culture of family and connection, demonstrating leadership skills in a safe, caring environment, and looking for opportunities to serve the community around them with intentional gardening practices.
Job Duties Include:
● Install My Thyme Gardens-Designed Gardens for residential clients
● Conduct regular garden maintenance tasks such as weeding, pruning, planting, and/or transplanting annuals, perennials, shrubs, and trees, spreading mulch, compost and topsoil when necessary, fertilizing when necessary, lifting, stacking, and laying or moving pavers or paver base materials when necessary (not frequently), and other gardening or landscaping duties as assigned
● Assist in loading and unloading tools and supplies for the job
● Communicate according to professional MTG culture
● Employ creativity and be able to problem-solve without sacrificing basic horticultural standards
Desired skills & experience include:
● Some outdoor and horticultural experience is preferred, but willing to train. Must have a strong desire to work according to organic, ecological, and sustainable practices. IMPORTANT: Should be able to sustain and genuinely enjoy physically demanding outdoor work in all types of weather.
● Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
● Willingness to work some evenings and weekends to compensate for weather delays to keep to client schedules
Required Abilities Include:
● Should have a basic knowledge of ergonomic practices and be able to perform physically challenging work such as shrub removal, moving large quantities of compost, topsoil, and/or mulch with the appropriate equipment, lifting and/or stacking pavers and paver base materials (not frequently), moving shrubs, tree and plants, and more.
● Must be able to lift 50 lbs, bend, twist, kneel, dig, work for long periods of time, endure some repetitive hand and arm motion, use fingers to plant, be able to visually see the work being done, be able to follow instructions
Salary: (Starting wage: DOE) Will be reviewed after 2 weeks and at specific intervals throughout the employee’s career.
Job Type: Part-time, Seasonal, Avg. 25-35 hrs per week. Seasonal position from approximately April 15th –Nov 15th, depending on the weather
How to Apply: firstname.lastname@example.org or call or text 231-633-2392