PRIMARY FUNCTION: To Lead, Manage and Hold Accountable (LMA) assigned Techs and Crew Teams.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Field Supervisor facilitates the success of Grapids field personnel, ensuring proper installation, service, and maintenance of irrigation systems for the company using company routine, procedures, and guidelines (The Grapids Way). Make sure your team is as productive as possible, assuring all work is completed in a timely, accurate manner while attaining highest quality standards. Train team members in operation of equipment in proper and safe techniques and procedures. Sustain a culture of delighting the customer by assuring Best in Class customer service.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Proactively maintain and coordinate technicians’ schedules assuring all techs are prepared and present every business day.
- Complete 1 – 2 tech meetings every morning
- Includes daily truck inspections and documentation
- Assure technicians’ trucks have inventory/equipment required to complete work orders.
- Manage approval process for time-off requests and adjusting as needs occur
- Conduct field training and testing of field personnel
- Assure standards of order and cleanliness at job sites and Grapids facility
- Check-in with assigned techs and crew leaders two (2) times daily (AM/PM)
- Complete “spot checks” each week to audit completed work
- Minimum of five (5) regular appointments each day
- Complete Callbacks to resolve all customer questions and concerns (= 1 Appointment)
- Complete Remodel estimates & convert to sale (= 1 Appointment)
- Oversee Incompletes status daily up to completion (= 1 Appointment if on schedule)
- Communicate with assigned scheduler a minimum of two (2) times per day
- Inspect all equipment for safe and productive operation
- Facilitate and monitor processes to have equipment repaired and returned to field
- Visit Kalamazoo (new markets) 1 day per week
- Lead L-10 meetings
- Oversee Installs & Remodels
- Scout & flag worksites, procure equipment & materials prior to work crew arrival.
- Communicate project requirements and expectations to Foreman prior to worksite arrival.
- Stop by each crew 1 time per day
- Complete final walk-through with customer and collect final payment
- Develop positive relationships with customers and referral sources
- Monitor Emergency Hotline and resolve appropriately
- Create and complete estimates utilizing company CRM and estimating tools
- Forecast and plan personnel needs.
- Attract and recruit potential employees
- Hold accountable personnel – practice company processes for appropriate recognition and/or corrective actions
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $70,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- 12 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Irrigation: 5 years (Required)
- Management: 2 years (Required)
This Job Is: Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
Company's website: www.grapids.com
Benefit Conditions: Only full-time employees eligible
Work Remotely: No
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place